This site earns income from affiliate links.
There were so many great listener questions, I divided this episode into 2 parts.
Can you decarb wet cannabis?:
- better to dry and cure first before the decarb
- can use an Ardent FX to decarb wet flower
Dosing homemade edibles:
- Use an online calculator to provide a benchmark for potency
- tCheck 2 Potency Tester
- Know Your Dose with tCheck episode
- Use repeatable processes to achieve more consistent results
- Take notes using a notebook, phone app or a dedicated cooking journal
- Goldleaf cooking journal
My plants hermied during flowering and there’s seeds. Do I need to remove them before decarbing?
- Short answer yes, remove the seeds, long answer in the audio
Can you make infusions with male plants?:
- Percy’s Growroom
- High on Homegrown podcast
- Fan Leaf Infusions with Breeder Steve episode
- Use the flower to ensure that there are enough cannabinoids for decent potency
- The Art of Soap Making with Manny episode
- Root ball infusions are high in CBG – excellent for topicals
What is the difference between the A and B settings on the Ardent FX
- Ardent FX
- A1 button: Activate THC; cycle optimized to activate THC from THCA – Also activates CBGA to CBG
- A2 button: Activate CBD; cycle optimized to activate CBD from CBDA
Tips for microdosing cannabis for someone who has negative reactions to getting high:
- Dry herb vaporizer – DynaVap or Pax are the two that I use – tons of options on the market
- Store bought vape pens – not a huge fan but has high convenience factor
- Start low and go slow with edibles – buy lowest possible dose of edibles or oils – slowly increase dose over several days or weeks
- Take notes on what you’re testing out so you remember what you like and at what dose
- Goldleaf cannabis taster journal
For further education:
- Friends of the Podcast – find guests who have appeared on the show
- Ganjier cannabis sommelier program
- Cooking with Cannabis course- taught by Chef Brandon Allen – check out his episodes on science and entertaining
That’s it for this week friends. Please email me any questions, comments, pictures of your creations or anything else, I love hearing from listeners! Direct messages to [email protected] or the podcast hotline.
You can also support the show by subscribing, sharing episodes, leaving a review or buying me a cookie! Whatever way you choose, I’m grateful that you’re listening.