Manny’s positive outlook is infectious. He started making soap as a fundraiser to buy himself a new wheelchair and has been growing his business ever since. In this episode we cover everything from the trick to convert a heat gun into a homemade vaporizer, using the roots of cannabis plant in infusions and what every beginner soap maker should do and much more!
Here are the links for this soapy episode:
- Chad Westport’s Friendly Cannabis Show – where Manny and I met
- Bud & Lather Soap
- Manny Newman – article feature in Oregon Leaf – Equality Issue
- If the label doesn’t have the word soap on it – it’s not soap!
- Maximize the the use of your cannabis infused soap: turn on the shower as hot as you can handle to open the pores, turn off the water, lather up completely and let the lather stay on your on your skin for 15-20 seconds. Turn the water back on and rinse.
- Manny loves his Volcano dry herb vaporizer
- Vape Hack: buy Volcano bag kit, use a heat gun to vaporize the cannabis inside the bag – diameter of bag fits most heat guns, play around with the heat settings
- Heat guns on Amazon
- Roots from cannabis plants are high in CBG and can be infused like flower (16-20 hours) in a crock pot, no decarb needed – excellent for topicals, not recommended for ingestion
- Turkey roaster 22 quart crock pot on Amazon
- CBG, the mother of all cannabinoids – article
- Starting with soap making – do research, learn the basics, start with small batches, always wear eye protection
- Soap making recipe calculator – soapcalc.net
- Essential Oil usage ratio calculator – eocalc.com
- David Attenborough – Life On This Planet documentary
- Manny offers a free seed pack with every purchase for US residents
Root Ball Infusion
- crock pot
- fine mesh strainer
- clean glass container
- root ball
- oil of choice ie. olive, avocado, mct
- Knock off as much dirt and debris from root ball as possible.
- Rinse thoroughly in water until clean.
- Place in the crock pot and cover in the oil of your choice.
- Cover and set crock pot to low.
- Let the root ball infuse the oil for 16-20 hours.
- Once finished, strain through a fine mesh sieve or strainer. Discard the roots.
- Store in a clean glass container.
That’s it for this week friends. Please email me any questions, comments, pictures of your creations or anything else, I love hearing from listeners! Direct messages to [email protected] or leave me a voice message.