This site earns income from affiliate links.
Lots of great questions from listeners that I’ve collected over the last few months. This episode featured so many great questions that I split it into two parts. Look for Listener Q&A #7 next!
I got high and I forgot I wasn’t supposed to get high.Ricky Williams, ex NFL player, Certified Ganjier
Using RSO/FECO to make higher potency edibles:
- Cooking with Chef Charleen episode
- Cannabis Concentrates with Chase episode
- Concentrates can effectively be used to increase the potency of infusions
- Anova sous vide immersion circulator – versatile kitchen tool using precise water bath temperatures
- Monica Lo – Sous Weed website
- Magical Butter Machine
- Ardent Cannabis
- Chef Steps website – the science of cooking
Using hash to make edibles and does decarbed hash preserve terpenes:
- Ginger snap cookies recipe – so many childhood memories
- More effective decarb with Ardent plus less smell – new Ardent Mini
- The Perfect Decarb with Shanel Lindsay episode – Shanel is the Ardent CEO
- Must decarb hash as you would any other plant material, ie. kief, shake, trim, buds
- Hash will make a more potent infusion as it’s considered a concentrate
Would the sous vide for decarbing preserve terpenes:
- Anova – sous vide might preserve more terpenes than other methods but the whole process of making edibles is hard on volatile terps
- Bong Appetit cookbook on Amazon
- To decarb with sous vide: set sous vide cooker to heat water to 200 degrees F, immerse sealed bag in hot water and allow to simmer for 4-6 hours.
- The Science of Edibles with Chef Brandon Allen episode
- Oven decarb method based on latest science: 270F for 30-40 minutes
- Trichome Institute Cooking with Cannabis course
- Goldleaf poster – Terpene Profile Illustration print
Do you need to decarb AVB/AVB (already vaped cannabis or bud):
- Dynavap website – no charging required!
- Pax website
- Terpenes provide flavour, aroma, taste and also drive effects
- Ganjier cannabis sommelier program
- Edibles Dosage Calculator
- tCheck potency tester
- Ardent Instant Edibles article
That’s it for this week friends. Please email me any questions, comments, pictures of your creations or anything else, I love hearing from listeners! Direct messages to [email protected] or leave me a voice message.