Hosting guests for a cannabis infused meal can seem intimidating but it doesn’t have to be. Whether you’re a home cook wanting to invite your friends and family over for an infused meal or a chef interested in experimenting with culinary cannabis, Chef Brandon Allen shares his secrets to hosting a memorable experience.
- The Set & Setting is important for hosting a cannabis infused dinner
- Entourage Effect – first mentioned in published papers in 1998 – the sum of multiple compounds are better than one alone
- Hosting guests for an infused dining experience begins with the invitation and ends with the parting gift bag
- Chef Chris Sayegh – Herbal Chef
- Decide on your comfort level in the kitchen before deciding on number of guests, courses, theme, style of food & dosing
- Prepare what you’re comfortable with, keep it simple
- Trichome Institute Cooking with Cannabis course
- Cannabis for All – crash course for the cannabis curious – contact Chef Brandon to get this course for free when you buy the Cooking for Cannabis course, mention this episode of Bite Me
- Master Class to learn or improve cooking skills – Gordon Ramsay, Thomas Keller
- New to cooking? work on fundamental knife skills
- Mercer Knives – as recommended by Chef Brandon – on Amazon
- Interpening Cannabis Sommelier course
- Ganjier Cannabis Sommelier certification
- American Culinary Federation
That’s it for this week friends. Please email me any questions, comments, pictures of your creations or anything else, I love hearing from listeners! Direct messages to email@example.com or leave me a voice message. You can also support the show by subscribing, sharing episodes, leaving a review or buying me a cookie! Whatever way you choose, I’m grateful that you’re listening.