In this episode Marge tackles hard candies with her freshly infused sugar and finds that it’s much easier than she anticipated. Plus the outcome is tasty, potent and with very little hands on time, you can make these candies start to finish in under 30 minutes if you already have an alcohol based infusion already on hand.
Also, congratulations to Erin Z. of Virginia who won the listener only Magical Butter Machine giveaway. Can’t wait to see what edibles you create with this amazing kitchen appliance!
Want to try the Hard Candy recipe discussed in this episode? Find it below or on the Magical Butter website where you’ll also find a short video demonstration.
Please note: Amazon links are affiliate and provide a small commission, at no extra charge to you, which helps support the show. 🙂
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2-1 cup MagicalButter Tincture
- 2 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- OR use 2 3/4 cups of your prepared infused sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons of water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons of corn syrup
- 1/16 tsp cream of tartar
- 5-10 drops food coloring (optional) – but fun!
- 7-10 drops flavour (optional) – helps mask any weed taste
- Candy thermometer
- In a pot add your water, corn syrup, and cannasugar. Allow sugar to melt into the water over medium-low heat.
- Let sit until the temperature reaches 302 degrees F. As soon as your candy thermometer reaches 302 degrees F, remove from heat.
- Add cream of tartar and optional flavor and coloring, mix, and then get ready to pour! Make sure your molds are ready ahead of time, your candy will harden quickly.
- Pour into molds and let your candies harden at room temperature.
- Pop the candies out of the molds and store in an storage container, making sure to date and label.
Want to get a hold of Marge? Email email@example.com or try recording a voice message by clicking on the tab on the right side of the screen. She’s on the socials @bitemepodcast or @hostmarge
If you loved this episode, consider leaving a 5 star review for this nice Canadian lady wherever you listen to your favourite podcast shows.
Stay high friends!