This week Marge travels to the big city to take a cooking class at the Cannabis Cooking Company. Not only does she learn some interesting new things that she talks about in this episode but she shares a wonderful, no bake recipe that you can easily make at home.
Links from this episode:
Cannabis Cooking Company – class listings
Magical Butter Machine – this is an affiliate link you guys, I’ll be forever grateful if you use it, but if you don’t, well, I’ll never know anyway.
No Bake Energy Bites – we added infused coconut oil to this recipe. Adjust as needed. Here are a few ideas for variations so you can use what you have on hand:
- cashew or almond butter (infused for a higher THC content)
- hemp hearts or flax seeds
- nuts or seeds (toast for some extra flavour)
- protein powder – either whey or plant based – vanilla/chocolate
- cacao nibs, chocolate chips or cacao powder
- dried fruit like cranberries or raisins
- shredded coconut
Calculating the Dose (from High Times)
- 1 gram of cannabis = 1000 milligrams
- 10% of 1000 milligrams is 100 milligrams
- This means that, assuming we are using “average” marijuana, one gram of cannabis contains 100 milligrams of THC.
- Next, let’s calculate how many milligrams are in a batch of marijuana butter.
- As an example, let’s say I used one ounce (equaling 28 grams) of average quality marijuana to make one cup of butter. That would mean 2800 milligrams of THC went into that one cup of butter.
- Moving on, the amount of THC in a given recipe will depend on the amount of butter used.
- If I used 1/2 cup of that butter to make a batch of 36 cookies, then the entire batch would contain 1400 milligrams. Divide 1400 mg by the number of servings, in this case 36, to determine that each cookie will contain about 38.8 milligrams of THC.
Do you know of any cooking classes near you that you’ve tried? Let me know! Or if you have any other questions, comments or feedback send me some old fashioned email at firstname.lastname@example.org I’m also @bitemepodcast or @hostmarge on the socials.
As always, listeners of Bite Me are the best! Stay high friends!