Last month I had the opportunity to work with MSNL Seedbank to make a Space Cake recipe for their blog. The cake turned out so well that I made it a second time just to make sure it was as good as I thought it was. This cake is quick, easy, delicious and you can infuse it more than one way!
- Baking Space Cake with Marge on MSNL Seedbank
- High on Homegrown podcast – YouTube channel
- Percy’s Growroom
- Fun Fact Shakespeare may have smoked pot
- Temple Grower micro grows
- Make caramel with your sous vide immersion circulator
- remove the label from your can(s) of sweetened condensed milk
- set immersion circulator to 203F in pot of water
- cook the cans of milk for 1-5 hours, more time = equals thicker & darker
- Bite Me podcast recipes
- 8×12 cake pan
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tbsp infused butter or ratio of infused : regular butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Grease and flour one 8×12 inch round cake pan or line the bottom with wax or parchment paper.
- Whisk together thoroughly1 cup all purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat until creamy, about 30 seconds8 tbsp infused butter
- Gradually add and beat on high speed until lightened in colour and texture, 3-5 minutes1 cup sugar
- Beat in one at a time3 large eggs
- Beat in1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Stir in the flour mixture until smooth. Scrape the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Slide a knife around the cake to detach it from the pan. Invert the cake and peel off the paper liner, if using. Let cool right side up on the rack.
That’s it for this week friends. Please email me any questions, comments, pictures of your creations or anything else, I love hearing from listeners! Direct messages to [email protected] or the podcast hotline.
You can also support the show by subscribing, sharing episodes, leaving a review or buying me a cookie! Whatever way you choose, I’m grateful that you’re listening.