In this conversation, I sit down with Derek Gilman, the managing director of the Ganjier Cannabis Certification program.
In the tradition of the wine sommelier, cigar aficionado, or master chocolatier, Ganjier is a first-of-its-kind, rigorous, multi-tiered cannabis sommelier certification created and taught by the most respected names in the field with the intent of producing an entirely new class of cannabis professional—the Ganjier.
With it’s unique program design of online and in-person training in the heart of cannabis country, the Systematic Assessment Protocol for thorough cannabis evaluation, the rigorous final exam and the connections that you’ll make, The Ganjier program is different than anything else out there.
In this episode we talk about what makes the Ganjier Certification unique, how it began, what Ganjiers are doing with their certification and a whole lot more!
Here are the links for this episode:
- The Ganjier Cannabis Sommelier Certification
- Greenflower Media
- Learn to grow cannabis – Percy’s Growroom forum
- Ganjier Council – the experts and legends who worked to develop the Ganjier Certification
- The Ganjier curriculum
- Certified Ganjiers talk about what being a Ganjier means to them:
- Jeff, Ganjier + The Kush Coach. This is what inspired me to become a Ganjier. I’ve always been passionate about cannabis and education. I teach home growers for free and this program has allowed me to help these people beyond any point I could have imagined. The Ganjier program to me means growth within the community, it means properly educating people, it means directing people towards a healthier, more comfortable way of life. As someone who has suffered from epilepsy since I was young I’ve dedicated myself to understanding this plant to help others’ suffering. I started growing and consuming cannabis at the age of 16 in the year 2000 and soon realized its potential. The Ganjier program has taken what I do to a level I could have never expected. In short being a Ganjier means Compassion on every level.
- Kelly, Ganjier + budtender on Becoming a Ganjier
- The Ganjier in the news:
- Become a Marijuana Master – Denver Post
- D.C.’s First Certified Ganjier Pushes for Amendments to Cannabis Related Bills – News Wire
- Can Certified Ganjiers Do For Cannabis What Sommeliers Do For Wine? – Orange County Register
- Dawn of the Ganjier – Wine Searcher
Billy mcclain says
Would love to chat about your certification. Interested in possibly taking to help other with cancer, including my self . Let me know what works for you. Thanks so much and really enjoy your show!!!!
Hi Billy! Please email me and we can go from there, you sent an email previously and I replied but I wasn’t sure if you got it! 🙂