This site earns income from ads, affiliate links, and sponsorships.
I had the pleasure to chat with Heidi, Senior Business Development Manager at LorAnn Oils, a maker of flavouring, essential oils and specialty ingredients for bakers and candy makers. Heidi’s expertise, both personal and professional, on baking and making candy, is evident. If you enjoy infusing candy, gummies or baked goods, you’ll want to listen to this episode!
- LorAnn Oils – since 1962
- LorAnn Oils Gummy Mix – unflavoured, uncoloured – make them your own
- Effortless Infused Gummies episode
- Pure Biologix Terpenes – cannabis derived
- Heidi’s tips
- read through the recipe
- pre-measure your ingredients so they’re ready when you’re needing to move quickly
- burned/sticky candy – always temperature related – use a thermometer
- chocolate + terpenes make a great duo, chocolate offsets the grassy notes of the cannabis/terpenes
- cherry + amaretto + chocolate make great flavour pairings
- business idea – one infused candy in a bag, along with a bunch of non-infused candy
- Candy Thermometer on Amazon
- Gummy Mix Troubleshooting
- mix well when stirring your candy mix
- coat your hands in a neutral oil to avoid gummies sticking to you when popping out of molds
- melt gelatine in microwave to make sure it’s fully incorporated
- you can put molds in the fridge for an hour before popping them out to cure
- Recipe development – have a core foundational recipes that you can modify
- Don’t use your infusions in experimental recipes!
- Using LorAnn bakery emulsions
- swap out vanilla with a LorAnn bakery emulsions
- vanilla can boost a flavour
- cut vanilla in half and then use bakery emulsion at the amount called for in the recipe
- Suggested Usage Guide for LorAnn Oils products
- Find LorAnn Oils at a trade/consumer show, conference, expo near you
- Where to buy outside of the USA
That’s it for this week friends. Please email me any questions, comments, pictures of your creations or anything else, I love hearing from listeners! Direct messages to [email protected] or the podcast hotline.
You can also support the show by subscribing, sharing episodes, leaving a review or buying me a cookie! Whatever way you choose, I’m grateful that you’re listening.
Leave a Reply