Wine Sommelier and Certified Ganjier Elizabeth Rice was involved in the wine industry for over 20 years but made the transition to the cannabis industry after legalization. She knows how to savour a great glass of wine and a flavourful cannabis flower and the nuances of pairing both with food. In this episode we talk about the similarities and differences between wine and cannabis, simple tricks to pair wine or weed with a meal, how to appreciate a quality wine and flower, considerations for entertaining and more!
Here are the links for this episode:
- Ganjier Cannabis Sommelier Certification program
- WSET – Wine & Spirit Education Trust
- Sommerlier’s Guild
- Somm Documentary
- Greenflower cannabis courses
- Curaleaf – largest cannabis company in the world
- CBG cannabinoid article
- Volcano tabletop vaporizer
- Omura vape
- Wine & weed food pairing tips:
- Match the weight of your food with the weight of your wine
- Start with your wine or weed and then plan the food accordingly
- Taste your wine or cannabis, then try the food and then savour another taste of the wine/weed
- Slow down!
- Don’t pair wine and weed together – they can amplify each other which can ruin the experience
- Know your crowd and adjust dosages, consumption methods accordingly
- The 5 S’s of wine tasting:
- The 4 categories of cannabis tasting:
That’s it for this week friends. Please email me any questions, comments, pictures of your creations or anything else, I love hearing from listeners! Direct messages to [email protected] or leave me a voice message.
You can also support the show by subscribing, sharing episodes, leaving a review or buying me a cookie! Whatever way you choose, I’m grateful that you’re listening.