Brent Leitch has worked in the Culinary industry for 19 years in some of the top Michelin restaurants in the world including The French Laundry in California, La Capinera in Sicily, Bo Innovation in Hong Kong, and Nahm in Bangkok. Locally, he has helped build and maintain some of Canada’s best restaurants including Campagnolo in Toronto and Langdon Hall in Cambridge. Brent most recently worked as an instructor at George Brown College in Toronto for close to four years, teaching and developing curriculum on culinary arts, sous vide cooking, knife skills, pasta, northern and southern Italian, and Canadian cooking. He also developed the Chefs’ Edible Garden, which included over 65 planter boxes growing food for use in the student run restaurants. Brent is passionate and experienced about growing and cooking with cannabis. As a cannabis cooking instructor his goal is to educate people about how to cook safely with the plant, with an emphasis on precise dosing that meets each individual’s needs. This episode is a must listen if you want to take your cannabis cooking skills to the next level.
Here are the links for the episode (Amazon link is an affiliate link!):
- Brent on Instagram @bonbonbybrent @brent.leitch
- Volcano vaporizer
- Indica & sativa indicate how the plant grows not it’s effects
- Grower’s Retail
- Talking Terpenes with Tamara Lilien episode
- Preserve terpenes with alcohol infusions
- Whip cream dispensers on Amazon
- Sous vide infusions
- Infused olive oil – quick version. Can also skip the heating and just let herbs sit in jar with oil for 4-6 weeks. Use as a finishing oil instead of for getting high
- Active decarb = decarbing at low temps prior to infusion
- Passive decarb = skip the decarb & go directly to infusion
- Tcheck device – to test potency of infusions & flower
- Variability of oven temperatures
- DynaVap vaporizer
- How to use already vaped cannabis
- 5 Thirsty Questions with Warren Bobrow episode
- Dosing Calculator
- Flurotech testing
- French Laundry‘s Thomas Keller
- Under Pressure by Thomas Keller on Amazon
- Immersion Circulators
- Modernist Cuisine by Chef Nathan Myrhvold
- Reddit r/sousweed
- Magical Butter Machine
- Levo Oil
- Chefs that Brent draws inspiration from:
- Chocolate Pot De Creme recipe
Send me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Speakpipe tab on the right side of the page, I’d love to hear from you!
You can also leave a review for the show here.
That’s it friends, stay high!