Travis Petersen, known as The Nomad Cook, started his career in the oil & gas industry. Now he finds himself delighting diners across Canada with sensational culinary cannabis experiences. A completely self-taught cook, Travis works hard to make cannabis a welcome and exciting ingredient in the culinary world. Travis has been educating home cooks and chefs for a while now and he has big plans coming. Travis shares his insights on cooking with cannabis and what some of his upcoming plans are in this episode.
Here be the links:
- Travis Petersen, The Nomad Cook
- Travis Petersen on Instagram @the_nomadcook
- Message Travis about his tours on Instagram or [email protected]
- Russell Hendrix Restaurant Supply – Intro to Culinary Cannabis certification workshops
- Get your infusions tested,
- Tcheck home testing device
- Up your game with an infusion device:
- Preserving terpenes – find boiling point of terpene and cook at half that temperature – Goldleaf makes a lovely poster with common terpene boiling points.
- Chef Sedanio method – Chef didn’t decarb his flower but added it right into the fat. This converted less THC but preserved the terpenes. This technique is for premium cannabis flower and best for food & terpene pairing.
- Weed Washing episode