This site earns income from ads, affiliate links, and sponsorships.
A great weeknight recipe you can infuse plate by plate depending on the preferences to each person lucky enough to be eating with you.
- The first ever sold online was a bag of weed, or was it? – article – what do you think?
- Whole30 program rules
- Airbnb Experiences
- HiBnb – cannabis friendly events and accommodations – use code BITEME
- Stay High with Elizabeth episode
Beef Taco Salad
- 1 crockpot optional
- 1.5 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium while onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Anaheim chile peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 head chopped romaine or head lettuce
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced, seeded if desired
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- infused olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium-high heat, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up the beef, until no longer pink, 5-8 minutes.1.5 lbs lean ground beef, 1 medium while onion, diced, 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a 4 quart slow cooker. Add the chiles, cumin, oregano, chili powder, coriander, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.2 Anaheim chile peppers, seeded and finely chopped, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp coriander, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Serve the taco meat on top of the chopped lettuce.1 head chopped romaine or head lettuce
- Stir your infused olive oil into the jar of salsa or the portion for each serving.salsa, infused olive oil
- Top servings with green onions, tomatoes, jalapenos, cilantro and salsa.3 green onions, sliced, 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced, seeded if desired, 2 tomatoes, diced, 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Serve with lime wedges.2 limes, cut into wedges
This recipe is easily adaptable to your preference, you can easily add or subtract ingredients here but the base recipe is delicious on it’s own! You can also make this without the crock pot. Just add the spices to the skillet after the beef is done cooking, mix well and let cook on low for 5 minutes to allow the flavours to come together.
That’s it for this week friends. Please email me any questions, comments, pictures of your creations or anything else, I love hearing from listeners! Direct messages to [email protected] or the podcast hotline.
You can also support the show by subscribing, sharing episodes, leaving a review or buying me a cookie! Whatever way you choose, I’m grateful that you’re listening.